Wednesday 9 February 2011

Mushaboom :)

So, my original intention of starting a blog and posting almost every day has pretty much fallen flat on its face. But in all honesty, I've had an extremely busy week. So far in the space of a week I have:

-been for an interview, got my first full time job (with a rather lovely starting salary - cannot wait for the first paycheck);

-handed in two notices (for the part time jobs at which I've been employed for about 5 weeks);

-told my parents I'm moving out (only from my mum's house to my dad's, nothing exciting - still in the same county for God's sake);

-gone on two dates with my ex-boyfriend (very long story);

-had my mobile number changed (I don't really want to pay 11p a minute to listen to messages to a Mrs Dorothy McGiven, informing her that her son is a little shit at school and her daughter still continues to wear the wrong shoes to school - I don't think Dorothy is going to be winning Mother Of The Year award anytime soon);

-moved all the stuff in my room into my sister's old room (only to have to put it all in boxes in about a week - just don't ask);

-ordered, started and finished a new book (not really a surprise, as I read scarily quickly);

-and of course, been at work six days last week (up at 6am every morning, without fail).

I'm actually quite proud of myself. Who knew you could get so much done on so little sleep? Not to mention the fact that I've had constant headaches since the beginning of last week, I've been an emotional train wreck for the last four months, and my hair looks like shit; unfortunately I have only myself to blame for that last one, due to my willingness to be my (hairdresser) friend's gullible little guinea pig. My hair is now a fetching shade of red/brown roots, black underneath with a very bad dye job on top, trying to cover the fact that my hair has been bleached to within an inch of it's life. It's also short. I let her cut off my lovely long hair, that had taken two years to grow back after the last hack job.

Still, I've been unusually optimistic this week, considering all that. I'm feeling...mushaboom. Mushaboom is my word for peachy, hunky-dory, however others wish to express it. Taken from the so-titled song by Feist. Listen to it. It makes you feel all fluffy inside. If that's the kinda thing you're after.

It must be the endorphins. Stupid fucking endorphins. Apparently I'm in love...again. With the same bloke I was in love with before. And then wasn't. And then was again...beginning to see a pattern here? That's why it's a long story, and terribly dull for those who don't really give a shit. So...about everyone then.

I do apologise to everyone for being so incredibly chipper this week. I can assure you it won't happen again. I will be back to my lovely morose self before you can blink.

Now off to talk to my parents about the best way to wallpaper a room.


Dear God, I need to get out more.


P.S. Also bought Adele's new album last week. It's fucking incredible. Buy it.

P.P.S. Sorry for the long post. I applaud you if you've got this far without falling into a coma.

1 comment:

  1. The everyday thing has failed again then. Haha.

    I managed to avoid a coma :)

    ReplyDelete